Sewer Scope and Utility Location Services
Hoffmann Family Plumbing is your on call expert for Sewer Video Camera Inspections in San Luis Obispo. Our highly skilled technicians are equipped with the most cutting edge, state of the art Sewer Video Camera Inspection technology. As part of our full plumbing services, we offer video inspections of a home’s sewer line also known as a sewer scope. Understanding the condition of the underground sewer drain line and knowing the extent and location of a particular problem will be a key part of your decision in purchasing a home. This same independent and unbiased information also applies to current home owners who suspect that they have a problem and need to be prepared before hiring a contractor for repairs.
- Expert Certified Sewer Video Camera Inspection Professionals
- State of the art equipment
- Fast Friendly Service
- Locally owned company
- Licensed & Insured Sewer Contractor
You get what you pay for with sewer inspection equipment and we only use the best. We utilize state-of-the-art digital equipment and software, which will identify and show you specifically what kind of problem, if any, is encountered, and, if requested, where it is located on the property.
- A full digital report including a video upload of the sewer line will be provided to you on the same day that services are performed. Alternatively, we can also record straight onto your thumb drive if that’s more convenient.
- We are also able to determine where the sewer line runs through the property and can mark it for you if needed for excavation and repair.
Do I need a Sewer Video Camera Inspection?
The truth of the matter is that video camera inspection is the only absolute solution to finding the root of the problem you are having. Instead of doing a blind inspection or simply guessing, our techs will know exactly what the problem is and where it is exactly in the line. Not only does this save time, but it also saves us from having to dig up more of your yard to find the problem.
A camera inspection assists greatly in the effectiveness of drain cleaning maintenance as well. If your plumber knows exactly what he’s running into, the proper tool can be utilized resulting in a longer lasting cleaning with fewer visits needed. Below are some common problems causing those nasty sewer back-ups when you least expect it. We can help you find the problem and eliminate it.
- Grade Defect: also known as a ‘belly’, these low areas can collect water and solid waste, causing poor flow through the pipe and can lead to back-up and damage to the pipe as it sags further.
- Misalignment: on some older piping, sections in the piping can separate, causing an offset in the piping to occur. Solid waste may not clear this offset, and waste water will seep into the surrounding soil, causing further settlement and eventual breakdown of the piping.
- Root Intrusion: small gaps in sections of piping can allow tree roots to enter the sewer line. As the roots grow, the pipe can break and crack, requiring repair. Minor tree root intrusion can be rooted and cleared on a regular basis, with minimal or no significant pipe damage. Assessing the amount of root intrusion is part of a sewer scope inspection.
- Line Collapse: if extreme root intrusion has occurred or significant soil settlement has occurred around the area due to offsets or a low area, complete pipe collapse can occur, requiring full excavation and repair of the sewer line. While rare, this condition can be assessed as part of a sewer scope inspection.
- Foreign Debris: Occasionally construction debris or other items can become lodged in the sewer line, preventing the flow of waste through the pipe.
Does My Whole Sewer Line Need to be Replaced?
In many cases, the answer is no. With the variety of pipe types that are used for sewer lines it can cause a larger problem by just digging up the entire line. Our Sewer Video Camera Inspections closes in on the exact location/s that need repaired or replacing. In some cases, only a small section would need to be replaced. Certain types of pipes, such as clay pipes, can corrode and simply be worn through over time. An easy replacement of a section, or a few sections if needed, may be all that is needed. The inspection will tell our techs the best course of action to take after the footage is reviewed.
How Much Does a Sewer Video Camera Inspections Cost?
The cost relies on accessibility of and the length of the sewer line to be looked at. You may ask yourself again, why there is such an importance to having an inspection conducted. Well, lets break it down a bit. If you recently had sewer work done and it is still within the guarantee or warranty period, the documentation proves your case. It also provides solid proof to any insurance company if it is an insurance claim. Our high-tech video cameras can also determine the exact location of the problem in your sewer line. This tells us where we need to dig to prevent tearing up your entire yard. This alone is worth the price of having a video camera inspection done. Give us a call today to schedule a video camera inspection or call us anytime day or night if an emergency pops up. We are here for you, San Luis Obispo CA and we stand behind the quality of our work. Hoffmann Family Plumbing is available to provide you with high quality sewer service. We strive to provide each and every one of our customers with:
CRAFTSMANSHIP: We stand behind any of our sewer and plumbing services. If we fix a problem, we will provide a written guarantee that it will work as it should.
QUICK SERVICE: We understand that our customers have busy schedules and need services at a time that works for them. We are able to set up appointments with our technicians at a time and date that works with your schedule.
FAST DETAILED ESTIMATES: If you have a problem, simply call in and give us any details that you know. We will come to your home in the San Luis Obispo area to survey your issue in person, often the same day. We have a long history of providing sewer repair and drain cleaning repair services in the San Luis Obispo CA area and we are committed to providing our customers with fast, excellent service. Our knowledge technicians are professionally trained and provided reliable and cost effective services around the clock. To set up an appointment, give us a call and we will get you an estimate and dispatch a plumber to meet your needs immediately. Call NOW 805-748-4324 or find us on the web http://www.hoffmanplumbing.net for your free estimate!
Connect with us on Google+ +Brian Hoffmann